Hi everyone. I realize that I haven’t written, well, in about 10 months. Which is simply inexcusable on my part, so I would really like to apologize for who I am as a person. Life has gotten in the way of a lot of things, and I’m incredibly busy, but I’m also incredibly happy. Like, the most consistently happy in a long time.
I don’t want to promise that I’ll blog more frequently, because if I do that, I’ll feel more pressured to write, and then the quality of my posts will decline even more than the low standard I’ve already set myself. But I do promise that I will TRY my hardest to write more.
So, yeah. Here’s an update on my life:
- Being vegan has been great! There are, of course, a few times I’ve fallen off the wagon (I did once eat a few cubes of cheese at an event despite my lactose intolerance, and I sorely regretted it), but I’ve always gotten back on. Also, did you know movie theater popcorn is usually vegan because the “butter” they use is actually not butter? I know. Groundbreaking.
- Writing a senior thesis is intense. But I think the hardest part is that it’s something that nobody can really force you to do except you…you alone are responsible for producing a 35-page document that you can be proud of. This means a lot of writing and researching and self-loathing. Half of me is writing a thesis because I actually do care about the topic (I’m looking at child adoption from an economic perspective), and the other half is because I want to take an epic Insta on the steps of my school library right before I hand it in. So yes, I will remain married to my thesis. But it is a cold lover.
- I’m starring in an opera! This is the second opera I’ve done in college, and it will most likely be my last. It’s just crazy because the opera I’m doing, aka potentially the last show I do as a student, is also the first show I did as a sixth grader in my Catholic primary school. It’s nice that I can end my mediocre singing career full circle.
- Waking up at 4 am and going to bed at 9-10 pm is still a thing. And I love it. Also, I’ve become good friends with my local Starbucks. I’m usually the second person there (there’s always that person who’s gotta be an overachiever, smh), but it’s okay. The amount of money I’ve spent on Starbucks in the past few months is absolutely disgusting, but I’m over it.
- Life as a senior in undergrad is both amazing and terrifying. I love sharing a room with the flawless Quinn Rose, for the second year in a row. But I think it’s fair to say that both of us have been worrying about what the future holds. What comes after undergrad? What do you mean I have to start paying for my own Wi-Fi? There’s a lot of rushing around to figure out EXACTLY what I’m doing post-grad, but I’m also trying to soak up every last minute of true ~student life~ as much as possible.
So, yeah. That’s pretty much the TL;DR on my end. I’ll write soon, I hope. I can’t promise anything, but I can promise that I’ll stay #NotFazed.